Trial Test

Hi all,

*First of all, thank you so much for creating this great resource. I can
use my old hardware again! :) *

I'm now writing this so you may all be aware of user interface problems and
put them on a list of things to do. For now, I stress that a new website
with info be put into the works. This would be needed to communicate to
your userbase what is incomplete and what is.

I'm currently using the released version of ToriOS on my dell laptop. Now,
I know this is not the "current" or stable version, but I wanted to make
you all aware of the current state of things. I'll go to the next "current"
OS when I can reinstall it onto my system.

Few bugs:

0. 12.04.xx has a major vunerablity in C laguage libraries. I do not have
the documents on this computer, but if you're unaware of it, please let
((us)) know, so that I can forward the information your way. With this
knowledge, please make sure your user base is aware of the issue and that
all security repos are updated. Concerning this -- please look at issue 1.!
1. I cannot install most packages from the Synaptic Manager: firefox,
alice, chromium, etc.
 - I'm given the error that the security repos isn't retrievable.
2. Links 2 is not recognized as a trusted browser on Launchpad, etc., which
makes it almost impossible to use for anything serious. I'm currently on
the only browser that could be installed with the current repos: arora.
3. PDF reader does not see the manual before installation. That totally
breaks the manual for anyone being introduced to the new OS.
4. Manual has too many blank spaces, making it difficult to read.
5. Manual could use a lot of editing and revision, along with fewer
emoticons. ;)
6. Time is wrong. How do I change this?
7. Manual needs to be updated and organized.

Warmest regards,
Sam Klein

Follow ups