Re: Trial Test

Hi Sam!
(inlines)

On 01/31/2015 04:30 PM, Sam Klein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> *First of all, thank you so much for creating this great resource. I
> can use my old hardware again! :) *
>
> I'm now writing this so you may all be aware of user interface
> problems and put them on a list of things to do. For now, I stress
> that a new website with info be put into the works. This would be
> needed to communicate to your userbase what is incomplete and what is.
>
> I'm currently using the released version of ToriOS on my dell laptop.
> Now, I know this is not the "current" or stable version, but I wanted
> to make you all aware of the current state of things. I'll go to the
> next "current" OS when I can reinstall it onto my system.
>
> Few bugs:
>
> 0. 12.04.xx has a major vunerablity in C laguage libraries. I do not
> have the documents on this computer, but if you're unaware of it,
> please let ((us)) know, so that I can forward the information your
> way. With this knowledge, please make sure your user base is aware of
> the issue and that all security repos are updated. Concerning this --
> please look at issue 1.!
> 1. I cannot install most packages from the Synaptic Manager: firefox,
> alice, chromium, etc.
>  - I'm given the error that the security repos isn't retrievable.
I will look into this... however you can do two things to address this
(i use the terminal so here goes)
open a terminal
run:

software-properties-gtk

enable the security repositories
then run:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y upgrade

> 2. Links 2 is not recognized as a trusted browser on Launchpad, etc.,
> which makes it almost impossible to use for anything serious. I'm
> currently on the only browser that could be installed with the current
> repos: arora.
You *should* have Seamonkey installed, if you used the script, though...
let me know if that is not the case.  There should be a log  called
~/torios-from-mini.log
feel free to e-mail it to me
> 3. PDF reader does not see the manual before installation. That
> totally breaks the manual for anyone being introduced to the new OS.
The manual should be HTML...  Didn't I already switch the desktop file?
hmm... I'll check again
> 4. Manual has too many blank spaces, making it difficult to read.
> 5. Manual could use a lot of editing and revision, along with fewer
> emoticons. ;)
> 6. Time is wrong. How do I change this?
from your terminal:

tzselect

> 7. Manual needs to be updated a nd organized.
>
> Warmest regards,
> Sam Klein

Some of these issues will be solved when we are using oem-config of
course...

-Israel
ToriOS Team