JWM 2.3.0 progress

Hi everyone,
Happy Easter!

I just wanted to update you all on the exciting new features coming to JWM!!
First Joe implemented a feature I requested.  We will (once I pull in
and build the new snapshot) have the option of maximizing windows based
on a number of features.
This is from the New Features section:
Added the maxh, maxv, maxtop, maxbottom, maxleftand maxrightkey bindings
So we can add keybindings to maximize a window to the left and right,
top, bottom, or simply max the verticle or horizontal!  This is
something I really like, and wish more window managers would do!  It is
extremely handy for a programmer with one screen :P

Another cool thing is that menus are only loaded when the menu is shown
(no need to reload the menu anymore!!)  So everytime the menu is opened
it will be concurrent with the menu file (which is generated when
update-menus is run)

There is also a Radius option to configure roundness of windows!!

There is now the ability to send the current window to a different desktop.

Joe has recently opened an issue to implement XDND (Drag and Drop
support) for Buttons on the Panels.  This way if you have a side panel
with a text editor, or image program you can drag and drop the
appropriate file onto the application and it will open.  This hasn't
been implemented quite yet... but I am looking forward to seeing this
happen, technosaurus and I have been discussing it on github (which is
why Joe has taken up this issue).

I am constantly impressed with how much support Joe gives us.  I have
already posted two issues (background scaling and maximize to sides,
top, etc) and they have been implemented!!

Anyhow, just wanted to update people on progress with JWM.  JWM is
continuing to become a better alternative to heavy DE.

-Israel
ToriOS Team

Follow ups