Re: jwm-settings-manager update (Testing Needed)

---- Aan ma, 06 apr 2015 00:54:11 +0200 Israel<israel@xxxxxxxxxx> schreef ----
 > Hi everyone,
 > I pushed in changes to the Panel portion of the settings manager.
 > I still haven't found a good way to implement moving panel items up and
 > down yet...
 > However I think the new changes will make the interface cleaner.
 >
 > Also, to update jwm run
 > sudo apt-get update
 > sudo apt-get install jwm
 >
 > I added a new dependency to make running the configuration migration
 > tool easy... though we don't need it, however if a user has an older
 > configuration file they want to migrate it would be great to have it
 > available!
 >
 > Then simply run
 > sudo apt-get upgrade
 >
 > This will upgrade you to the latest JWM and jwm-settings-manager
 > Then, run
 > jwm-settings-manager --recover
 > This will update your default file to include the new keybindings.
 > Ctrl+Super+(Direction... i.e. Up,Down,Left,Right) to max window
 > top,bottom,left,right respectively
 > Ctlr+Super+V for max vertical
 > Ctlr+Super+H for max horizontal
 > Shift+Ctrl+Alt+(Direction) moves the window to the desktop you specify
 >
 > In my testing jwm-settings-manager does not crash with returning to the
 > main window (pressing Cancel)
 >
 > I know this is not visually consistent with the others, but I will be
 > bringing the new style to all the other sub-applications.  They will all
 > have the Main Settings Window button removed, and Cancel will simply
 > return them to the main window.
 > If you think this is counter productive let me know... but I think it is
 > cleaner and makes sense.
 > I also removed the Icon and Title, which I will do from all the sub-apps
 > soon.
 >
 > Please update and test the new panel tool.  The Apps pane is much
 > different, but I think it is better.  I will be including
 > volumeicon-alsa and working on starting each indicator when it is
 > selected.  There are a few things I need to improve in it, but I think
 > this setup will be much easier to understand.
 >
 > Please let me know what you think, as I will continue to work on!!
 >
 > --
 > Regards
 >
 > -Israel
 > ToriOS Team

Hi

Good, works :) One issue: clicking mouse in JSM and then OK -> crash. "Couldn't find synaptics properties. No synaptics driver loaded?"
and after that "synclient -l >/home/geoffrey/.jsm-mouse did not return 0"

Kind regards
Geoffrey De Belie / Smile4ever

P.S. Update script is being worked on