zmktbl improvements(Was: Re: [Torio s] zsync time)

On 04/21/2015 09:03 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi all toriosadores,
>
> I need some feedback now. There is an updated version of zMktbl, the GUI
> tarball maker, which uses dialog to select the source partition
> (actually re-using a program part from the OBI.
>
> I am also looking into making a new version, which uses zenity to select
> the source partition. I think there are advantages and draw-backs of
> both versions.
>
> 1 - Which one do you prefer - the dialog version or the zenity version?
>
> 2 - If you prefer the zenity version, should we limit the selection of
> partitions to ext partitions in tarball maker mode? (For obvious reasons
> it should not be limited in installer mode, because we might want to
> re-use a Windows partition.)
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi Nio,
I preferr the Zenity version, as it arranges the items more coherently
(as you know).
If of course the Dialog version can mimic this as well then both would
be just fine, and it might be good to use a dialog version for OBI
(unless you are intending to use zenity for OBI... but that is a huge
project), and you do have a console-only version using dialog.  But the
zenity discussion for OBI is a long an hard process... and not for
ToriOS 1.0 :)

So, my answer is BOTH.  The zenity version fits better with zmktbl, and
the dialog version with OBI.  you could add something in, like

if [ "$3" == "zmktbl" ]
then
use_zenity=true
fi