Re: Confusion about the ISO of ToriOS

On 04/26/2015 01:19 PM, Israel wrote:
On 04/25/2015 04:49 PM, Ali Linx wrote:
Hi everyone,

As per the Screenshot, there are 2 ISO seems to be the latest as per
the dates. Which one should I download?
Also, can't we create a file on that server to show the MD5SUM? it
would be heaps better to have ;)

Also, I'd suggest to use the 'date' of the latest ISO as the 'file
name' of the ISO so one can understand better what is going on.

I see one with a date as a file name and one without ..

So, if there is someone who could confirm and enlighten me please
which ISO I should download?!

Thanks!

Hi,

Hi,

Thanks for your reply :D
simply run the zsync command again.
I know :P

zsync http://phillw.net/isos/torios/ToriOS-beta.iso.zsync

ToriOS-beta.iso ALWAYS links to the newest file.

I disagree here, if I may :P

I'd suggest to refer to the latest one by a date. I have downloaded the one wit date (19-04-2015) assuming that is the latest one and just finished installing it on P4 with less than 512MB RAM.

This way no one has to
go to the website each time to figure out what to download.  Just zsync
and you are up to date.  Using zsync saves you download time, and it
saves bogging down Phill's servers.

That's for us as testers but for users, it is a burden ;)

But you could download either...

I had more than one ISO on my HDD so I deleted them and started from scratch, I mean downloaded the whole thing rather than sync.
And the date is the 'file name' of the most recent one.  All the old
ones go into: oldISO hope this helps :D

Yes, that what I was talking about :D
So, maybe no need for 2 ISOs? I mean the one with 'beta' only as a file name is not needed. The one with a date is more than enough if you ask me.

By the way, where is the MD5SUM? I failed to find that anywhere :(

There should be a file on the server that refers to the MD5SUM, just like what Ubuntu and flavors do!

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad