update about menus Was:(Re: New ISO)

Hi Jack and Nio,
Thank you!!  This is the kind of e-mail I had hoped to get :)
Thank you for your diligent testing!!!

I have recently pushed an update to the menu system that overcomes some
of the issues I found with the Unity context menus.
We skip all things that say OnlyShowIn, because there are no options for
ToriOS there :)
here are all the legal ones I know of:

GNOME;KDE;LXDE;MATE;Razor;TDE;Unity;XFCE;EDE;Cinnamon;

So we by default should not show things to configure Gnome or Xfce or
Lxde, etc...
However Unity context menus go something like this:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=
Comment=
Categories=
Exec=
Icon=
Terminal=false
Type=Application

[Desktop Action SomeAction1]
Name=
Exec=
OnlyShowIn=Unity;

So basically I moved our OnlyShowIn check to the point after we look to
check for extra context...

I also decided to use lxde desktop directories, or xfce desktop
directories files in case ours are missing.  It is not really necessary
but I want this to be a fairly portable script.  It is very complicated
looking, so I want to make it basically work even if someone is not
using it with our DE

I also fixed the issues I was having with the places menu.  I reverted
to a non updating menu (it is so small there is no reason to dynamically
rebuild it... we can simply overwrite it).

So these will be updates we will make for the Final ISO.

On 05/24/2015 03:49 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Congratulations Israel and Hi all toriosadores,
>
> Today's (May 24 2015) version of ToriOS-beta.iso is a great improvement.
>
> I tested it live and I installed it, this time into my old IBM Thinkpad
> T42 with a Pentium M CPU without a PAE flag.
>
> The live session works - there are icons, there is a working seamonkey,
> and the OBI works.
>
> And the iso file is within CD size, 669 Mibibytes, so there is a margin
> to the limit 700 Mibibytes (or to be more exact, I think 703 Mibibytes)
> for growth due to upstream updates.
>
> The installed system works - also nm-applet and my wifi. After
> installing some restricted-extra multimedia software, I could even
> listen to a youtube clip from last night's Eurovision Song Contest,
>
> sudo apt-get install lubuntu-restricted-extras
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3avE4Zsp14g
>
> I have not tested everything, but I am very happy with the current
> version of ToriOS :-)
>
> Best regards
> Nio
>
> Den 2015-05-24 09:48, Cinque Port Computers skrev:
>> Hi,
>>
>> My zsync attempt seemed like it was never going to finish, so I
>> re-downloaded the whole ISO file.
>>
>> Quick re-install and I checked that the nm-applet state was okay now and
>> Restart and Shutdown work as expected.
>>
>> Well done Israel, we're getting closer!!
>>
>> JackT.
>>

>>> Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 08:02:33 +0200
>>> From: nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx
>>> To: israel@xxxxxxxxxx; jackdtrice@xxxxxxxxxxx; torios@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx