Re: Suggestion to improve team's communication - IRC

On 06/12/2015 04:45 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
Den 2015-06-12 08:31, Ali Linx skrev:
Hi all,

I admit I am not and probably will never be an IRC type of person but
this can be super useful, specially when a project has reached the stage
of releasing a final or stable version.

That said, I'd highly recommend and suggest to keep IRC logged in and
use it whenever you can.

You can always use both ;)

Keep IRC logged in and if you have something important and/or something
you want everyone else to read, you can use the mailing list(s) of
ToriOS but please, try as much as you can to log in to IRC.

90% of the emails on the mailing lists are chatting, not to mention very
confusing subjects!
Yes, mailing lists are supposed to help people to discuss when they can
NOT be online but if you check Ubuntu and flavors, you'll noticed they
do depend on IRC more than anything else. It is real time, faster, and all.

This is JUST a suggestion :)

Thank you!

Hi Ali,
Hi Nio,

I will try to remember to send mail only to Israel, that way avoiding to
spam your mailbox :-)

Not really, that is a bad suggestion, if I may share my opinion about it.
The best way is to follow the right procedure either by using IRC and/or using the mailing list the proper way: