The History of ToriOS Websites

Dear all,

Because some of us have misunderstood my email lately about donating for a
server and get our website to live on, here is some CLEAR email to shade
the light on the history of ToriOS websites :)

   1. torios.org was the first domain that ToriOS project got. However, the
   one who registered that domain had the entire access to the domain and
   server and none of us had full access, even me the founder of this project.
   One bad day, he disappeared and we have never heard of him ever again until
   this very moment. What happened to torios.org at the moment? check
   yourself: https://www.gandi.net/whois/details?search=torios.com and we
   have lost our dedicated email address. I had amjjawad@xxxxxxxxxx but not
   any more.
   2. Phill of the Lubuntu has donated a domain torios.net and a virtual
   machine where torios.net lived. However, because it was FREE and there
   is no obligations whatsoever except friendship and good will to help, that
   wasn't good enough to be honest. What happened to torios.net? check
   yourself. It has been down for so many times and we have not been able to
   share one single post on our website for ages now!
   3. Now, when I suggest to have a decent server with a decent company
   which is owned by decent man I vouch for him, when some money involved,
   some seem to refuse the idea. Sorry, but that's the one and only path I
   have in mind at the moment and as a founder, I find it the best path ever
   to avoid unneeded problems.
   4. NO to any temporary solution :) I am sorry if I'll sound rude to
   George but having something like: http://torios.dicenews.com/
   <http://torios.dicenews.com/wp-admin> is not decent at all. ToriOS is
   not a toy, it's a decent project and the website should be something to
   reflect that as well.
   5. I have myself tried the FREE solutions. http://kibo.computer/ was my
   business project. Out of 12 months, the website was down for 4 months total
   or more. Why? that's what happens when you think FREE solutions FTW. In
   fact, FREE is not always good at all :)

So, hopefully this will enlighten us a bit :)

If by any chance you have BETTER solutions/ideas, kindly share :)

HOWEVER, before you do, kindly keep in mind that ToriOS website should NOT
be down for ages just because of whatever non logical reason.

We have a project to run, not a joke to tell.

Best Regards,
Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>

*http://kibo.computer <http://kibo.computer>* - http://torios.net - Ubuntu
GNOME <http://ubuntugnome.org/>