From: Ali/amjjawad
Sent: Saturday, January 2, 2016 10:21 PM
To: toriOS Mailing list
Subject: [Torios] The History of ToriOS Websites

Dear all,

Because some of us have misunderstood my email lately about donating for a server and get our website to live on, here is some CLEAR email to shade the light on the history of ToriOS websites :)

  1.. torios.org was the first domain that ToriOS project got. However, the one who registered that domain had the entire access to the domain and server and none of us had full access, even me the founder of this project. One bad day, he disappeared and we have never heard of him ever again until this very moment. What happened to torios.org at the moment? check yourself: https://www.gandi.net/whois/details?search=torios.com and we have lost our dedicated email address. I had amjjawad@xxxxxxxxxx but not any more.

  2.. Phill of the Lubuntu has donated a domain torios.net and a virtual machine where torios.net lived. However, because it was FREE and there is no obligations whatsoever except friendship and good will to help, that wasn't good enough to be honest. What happened to torios.net? check yourself. It has been down for so many times and we have not been able to share one single post on our website for ages now!
  3.. Now, when I suggest to have a decent server with a decent company which is owned by decent man I vouch for him, when some money involved, some seem to refuse the idea. Sorry, but that's the one and only path I have in mind at the moment and as a founder, I find it the best path ever to avoid unneeded problems.
  4.. NO to any temporary solution :) I am sorry if I'll sound rude to George but having something like: http://torios.dicenews.com/ is not decent at all. ToriOS is not a toy, it's a decent project and the website should be something to reflect that as well.
  5.. I have myself tried the FREE solutions. http://kibo.computer/ was my business project. Out of 12 months, the website was down for 4 months total or more. Why? that's what happens when you think FREE solutions FTW. In fact, FREE is not always good at all :)

So, hopefully this will enlighten us a bit :)

If by any chance you have BETTER solutions/ideas, kindly share :)

HOWEVER, before you do, kindly keep in mind that ToriOS website should NOT be down for ages just because of whatever non logical reason.

We have a project to run, not a joke to tell.

Best Regards,

Ali/amjjawad

http://kibo.computer - http://torios.net - Ubuntu GNOME