Re: ToriOS update

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Israel <israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1) Ubuntu IP
>
> [ there might be a few in here if we need to rebase on Debian or Arch or
> LFS :P ]
> Since Ali is an Ubuntu member I am sure he can chat with whomever would
> be able to find out the answer to our situation here....

Leave this to me ;)
I'll keep everyone here updated but just give me sometime, please!

> 2) ISO
>
> Should we use Precise?  April is VERY soon.  Maybe we should rebase on
> something else that supports PAE flag?  And will not go out so soon?

NO!
ToriOS 1.0 is based on 12.04.5 and we shall never change unless there is a
very powerful and serious reason for that.
Please check the link I sent earlier. 12.04.5 EOL is April 2017, not 2016 :)

> 3) website

Right. You and Nio has stepped in and offered financial help which is very
great and much appreciated.

What everyone needs to understand is: with each and every project, there is
a project lead and there are members (people). Imagine if we open the door
to each and every opinion? one likes green, one likes blue and someone
likes red while some other like white. And you can imagine if there will be
other opinion. I definitely don't want to be a dictator here :) those who
have worked with me for long enough, they can tell how I do consult others.
Remember ToriOS logo? it took 3 days to decide and that's because we let
everyone vote for it.

Point is: with each and every project, there is voting and there is
decision making. Totally different topics :)

4 options so far:

   1. Some are careless enough who did not even share their opinion about
   the issue. I assume they're busy, didn't read the threads or they just
   don't care. That's the "0" in voting. We need +1 or -1 to move on.
   2. People who think a commercial solution is the best.
   3. People who think a not for profit organization is the best solution.
   4. Others think GitHub is the best.

I am going to give more time but you all need to understand the final word
is for me :)

This is how organizations work.

You might want to google: SABDFL

http://www.ubuntu.com/about/about-ubuntu/governance

I have my own philosophy. A mix from everything is the best path for me. No
need to reinvent the wheel. We should learn from others and come up with
our own way. That is how I managed to lead more than 10 projects at the
same time.