More notes on installing

Hi more install notes

1. On the GUI warning screen should the confirm button look like the
one for the text install, or perhaps have a tick box to say you have
read the warning ?

2. After confirming my time zone the next dialog box  has

code - Name

I can select en_GB for British English but idea what I am setting here
as there is no title to the dialog box.

I think this is locale,  (does that mean location)

3.  A few boxes later,  you get select Model,  this means keyboard
model, but I think the box should say that.

4. next box is to select a variant which you can skip,  again if this
is keyboard, then maybe have this in the dialog title.

5. When asked about post release updates, I get an error, can't create
NMClient,  this seems to be due to lack of internet,  which suggests
the system does not auto matically connect to a network.  And yes the
system is plugged in to the network.

Is there a way to check this during the install process early on ?

6. I have documented the install in about 27/28 steps in the manual
for the GUI installer (even though it is pretty much text based

Final note I am sure I asked it to log me in automatically however
upon reboot(well it shutdown and I had to switch the netbook back on)
 it asked for uid / password.

Hope all this helps

Paul

- --