torios team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
More notes on installing
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hi more install notes
1. On the GUI warning screen should the confirm button look like the
one for the text install, or perhaps have a tick box to say you have
read the warning ?
2. After confirming my time zone the next dialog box has
code - Name
I can select en_GB for British English but idea what I am setting here
as there is no title to the dialog box.
I think this is locale, (does that mean location)
3. A few boxes later, you get select Model, this means keyboard
model, but I think the box should say that.
4. next box is to select a variant which you can skip, again if this
is keyboard, then maybe have this in the dialog title.
5. When asked about post release updates, I get an error, can't create
NMClient, this seems to be due to lack of internet, which suggests
the system does not auto matically connect to a network. And yes the
system is plugged in to the network.
Is there a way to check this during the install process early on ?
6. I have documented the install in about 27/28 steps in the manual
for the GUI installer (even though it is pretty much text based
Final note I am sure I asked it to log me in automatically however
upon reboot(well it shutdown and I had to switch the netbook back on)
it asked for uid / password.
Hope all this helps
Torbay Tech Jam http://torbaytechjam.org.uk
Next Tech jam 2nd Saturday of the month
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----