Re: Latest manual update

On 1/24/19 1:17 AM, Paul Sutton wrote:
> HI Israel
>
> Just a quick question re this at the bottom. I am probably missing a
> step out with pushing things to github.
>

> On 23/01/2019 22:45, Israel wrote:
>> On 1/23/19 7:42 AM, Paul Sutton wrote:
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> Just pushed the latest manual build to github. The nice thing about
>>> Overleaf is everything can be downloaded as a zip file.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/zleap/ToriosManualv2
>>>
>>> Last night I copied and pasted the PCManFM short cuts in to the manual
>>> as a table.  So that needs a little work and I am slowly making a list
>>> of all the menu items and providing links to the respective webpages.
>>> So hopefully this will provide users with a reference to look for more
>>> information on each of the various packages.
>>>
>>> It does seem however that documentation for many packages in the Free
>>> software world is somewhat lacking or harder to find.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>
>>> hey Paul,
>>>
>>> I set the upstream "watch" file to look for any new releases.  You have
>>> not made any releases at all.  Can you make them when you have a new
>>> version?
> How do I do that ?  at present I update the manual on overleaf,
> download in to ToriOSManualv2  and then git add, git commit and then git
> push to github.  Am I missing a step out somewhere. Or do I need to
> enable bazaar on the same repository?
>
> So using
>
> git add ToriOSManualv2.pdf  ToriOSManualv2.zip
>
> git commit -m "added latest version <date>"
>
> git push
>
> Paul

Hey Paul,

Go to https://github.com/zleap/ToriosManualv2/releases

That will show a button where you can create a release.  Only do a
release when you are satisfied with the doc enough to warrant a release,
though.

Do you want me to create a PR (pull request) to give my changes to you?

I built it and after a few tries I think everything is good to go!  I'll
update my system and let you know how the upgrade went.

This will only effect the newer version of ToriOS for now