Re: Latest manual update

On 24/01/2019 12:34, Israel wrote:
> On 1/24/19 1:17 AM, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> HI Israel
>>
>> Just a quick question re this at the bottom. I am probably missing a
>> step out with pushing things to github.

>> How do I do that ?  at present I update the manual on overleaf,
>> download in to ToriOSManualv2  and then git add, git commit and then git
>> push to github.  Am I missing a step out somewhere. Or do I need to
>> enable bazaar on the same repository?
>>
>> So using
>>
>> git add ToriOSManualv2.pdf  ToriOSManualv2.zip
>>
>> git commit -m "added latest version <date>"
>>
>> git push
>>
>> Paul
>>
> Hey Paul,
>
> Go to https://github.com/zleap/ToriosManualv2/releases
>
> That will show a button where you can create a release.  Only do a
> release when you are satisfied with the doc enough to warrant a release,
> though.

As this is a fresh re-write of the manual that so far has not got any
releases attached to it, I will create a release for it.  Then, from
time to time,  issue subsequent release, but in between that will still
do more commits and push(es) to the repository.

> Do you want me to create a PR (pull request) to give my changes to you?

Do you mean changes to the manual here ?

Problem is I have not figured out overleaf <> github integration ( I
should be able to save directly to git hub) however as it stands I am
downloading all the files as a zip and pdf, then pushing those, which
seems to work nicely.  Just means people can't collaborate as easily.
But if you want to send over a plain text file with changes I can just
copy / paste them in.

Hope this helps

Paul

--