RFC: more explicit ToriOS versioning

Hi,

I have a proposal to make.

Can we follow the Ubuntu versioning (less or more) model for better testing and easier bug tracking for certain versions?

I mean, ToriOS versioning probably already follows this model, like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.x for few months release gaps, and 1.0, 1.5, 1.10, 1.15, etc for stable release versions.

So, I registered torios-1.6.0 series on launchpad for next *minor* or *unstable* and as the focus of development.

Of course, you can always set it to trunk series back :)

Also, I discovered that you could technically upload a tarball less than 1GB for each file to Launchpad. So maybe, someone would release the iso files in a tarball form on launchpad for the *unstable* releases.

Since Launchpad.net is the primary platform of code hosting, bug tracking, and where this mailing list is hosted on for ToriOS, I think it should be updated more frequent to get the idea of current state of development too.

--
Sincerely,
Momozor