torios team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: programming languages for ToriOS
On 5/24/19 10:15 AM, Paul Sutton wrote:
> What are the main programming languages used for ToriOS?
But there needs to be more information.... so:
- knowledge of dialog programs (yad/zenity/dialog/etc) is helpful
- understanding of chroot environments is needed for work on ISOmaker
- understanding gettext in scripts would be very beneficial
- fltk is the GUI toolkit used, familiarity with the API will help
(though it is very straight forward)
- pugixml library is used to create menus, and handle all JWM
- make or cmake knowledge is helpful
> Asking as I can try and promote the opportunities for helping but it
> would be a good idea so I can also provide links to where people can
> learn these languages,
> We are not here to teach people programming, however if they want t help
> with the manual we can probably help with using gitbook, latex etc.
Thanks Paul for your ongoing efforts all these years, it has really
helped keep us going on track.