Re: A few questions and thoughts

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 5:28 AM Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All

Hello Paul, and everyone else.

> A few questions
>
> 1. How much access to we have to torios.top in order to update it?

Whatever you need. I can simply provide access to the website.

> 2. Same applies to our social media (iirc twitter and facebook)

You can add me:
https://www.facebook.com/HoooHaaa
Once done, I can provide access. This is the easiest way.
If you don't want to add me, I need to do that via the email.
Facebook is getting stupid day after day.

As for Twitter, a direct email and password must be sent. I can't share
this information here because this is a public list.

> Going forward,  Would be good to find out the ideas Ali has for taking
> the project forward,

I think I'll write an email very soon and share it with everyone.

>   and what base distribution, we are going to use
> for this.  Debian Jessie (8) is now end of life.
> Debian Stretch (9) is currently 9.13
> Debian Buster (10) us currently 10.4
> Debian Bookworm (11) is under development
>
> Looking at https://wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases Debian 11 should be
> released in 2021,  however I am not sure, to what extent, Covid 19 has
> set things back, if at all.

I'm happy to stick with Debian but if Israel isn't happy with that, we need
to find another base. However, I don't see a reason to change the base at
this point.

> I think the idea that we work with other small distributions is really
> good, pool our efforts, should be more productive while still
> maintaining each distribution unique look / feel.

Well, we can approach them. If they are willing to join forces, why not?

> I wrote a small python notepad program a while back
> https://salsa.debian.org/zleap-guest/notepad
>
> We could do with access to a wiki or probably more usefully a
> collaborative platform, maybe something like https://cryptpad.fr/ which
> I have an account on,  as we can all then edit a file, so could be
> useful for coming up with ideas around as to what we want, the
> spreadsheet component of this is good for storing packages, version
> numbers for example.

Whatever platform we shall use for documentation, must, IMHO, reflects our
philosophy, that is KISS.

> Advantage with this is we can just type and not have to worry about
> markdown or wiki tags, which is yet another learning curve for people.

Looks like I'm a bit rusty. Not sure what you mean about that. Have you
tried Ubuntu Wiki? if you mean the one you are suggesting is easier, that's
good.

> Just a thought

Keep them coming, mate!

> Paul