Re: Cryptpad

Hi all,

forgive me for intruding, but I am really intrigued about all these messages. Like I said previously, I'm not a developer/programmer, and not certainly a project manager, so maybe I'm missing the point here. But, apologies ahead, obviously the project needs some kind of restructuring. Maybe something like:
1.Code
2.Docs
3.User Area
4.Developers Area
5.Public Exposure (Web page, social networks, etc.)

Again, MY APOLOGIES if I'm just talking nonsense!  :'(
So,

1.I think the code is already on GitHub. Or part of it. If not complete, merged, whatever, maybe start there, merge everything into a single 'official' repository and clean it up. After that, a discussion about bases (Debian, other), PAE, etc. can freshly begin there.

2.Docs source could also be hosted on GitHub, using a different repository, or even the same, merging all there is available. This source could be used for translations, possibly even, using an external translation service. After what it could be converted to MediaWiki, DocBook, LaTeX, PDF, whatever.

3.Users list should remain on the main web page, obviously. But someone would have to manage them.

4. And, I agree, developer stuff should only go on 'public lists' when its clean and, at least, 'beta tested', is it?. Probably discussed over the chosen VCS (GitHub?). But the link to a possible subscriber/future collaborator should also exist.

5. The latter leading to the creation of another dev channel (IRC [the only one I know], Slack or whatever) with restricted access to the project members, if the VCS option is not pleasant.

6.All history (updates/upgrades/translations) should be followed by web page, mail lists and social network updates in sync.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that, first there has to be a common collaboration base, and then we can extrapolate what will happen in different areas. I see no use in dispersing things even more.

Again, sorry for intruding. Just my two cents.

-----
Regards,
Pedro Albuquerque

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.