ubible-dev team mailing list archive

Re: New Dependency

Wow @Michael... you sure changed a lot of the code, I think I will have to begin a new testing branch with your new code and components. You are quite good at what you do!

On 10/16/2013 09:41 PM, Michael Spencer wrote:
Hello All,

I've started work on updating uBible to use the new stuff that I've learned and new or better components in the SDK.

During my work on the File Manager and Ubuntu Tasks, I've created a collection of components that aren't in the default Ubuntu UI Toolkit yet. As part of my updating of the uBible code, I've used several components from that collection, mainly the Sidebar widget and a couple of classes that are in a merge request to land in the official toolkit but haven't landed yet.

So, now to run uBible, you will need my repository of extra components. You can find it at https://github.com/iBeliever/ubuntu-ui-extras. What I would recommend doing is cloning it into the directory where you keep all your programs' source code using the following command:

git clone https://github.com/iBeliever/ubuntu-ui-extras.git

Then you will need a symbolic link to that directory in uBible/qml/uBible, which you can create as follows:

ln -s /path/to/ubuntu-ui-extras /path/to/uBible/qml/uBible

Hopefully I've made this clear enough. If anyone has questions about how to get this to work, feel free to ask!

God's Blessings,
--
Michael Spencer | sonrisesoftware.wordpress.com <http://sonrisesoftware.wordpress.com>

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- Proverbs 3:5-6

--
Regards