ubible-dev team mailing list archive

My Notes from Canonical 's Design Clinic of Brad Well's Bible app

So, this is some notes from a video from Canonical Design Clinic
http://design.canonical.com/2013/10/app-design-clinic-3/

*Home Page suggestions*
Indicate total chapters read.
Indicate how far into reading plans.
(large visible progress bar..)
/
Not sure where to put this note:/
We should have a scrolling indicator for books of the Bible list (similar to overlay scrollbars, I suppose) so the huge list isn't cut off without any indication there is more content below the screen

*Bible View*
How are we moving between pages?
We need to make it easy/obvious like flicking across (like in gallery), not putting something in a toolbar
Make sure there is padding on both sides of the text.
Align chapter/paragraph titles with the header
Access footnotes/Strong's #s by tapping the link (like in Xiphos). Now, how does one get back to the Bible View (swipe gesture?)

*Settings*
We should have a font size setting (slider?) {his implementation is shown statically @ 11:32 in the video} When moving the silder, the text changes sizes inside the slider, but we should put text below the slider to show live scaling, without interfering with the interface

*Some more ideas I had: *(That are not really super pressing, just ideas)
Integrate some sort of content into the Ubuntu Touch home screen (maybe books read, or something) Integrate reading plan into calendar app, (because some people really like reading plans)

Just thought I'd write notes and share them, I'm pretty surprised to have seen that app being reviewed. I think this is the app you suggested we coordinate our efforts with. I'd say the design of our app has gone really well so far, and I think it is overall a really beautifully designed well thought out Bible app.

--
Regards

Follow ups