Re: Some ideas for the Ubuntu Accomplisments

On 6 March 2012 04:37, Vincent JOBARD <vinzjobard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Andrea
>
> 2012/3/6 a.grandi@xxxxxxxxx <a.grandi@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> these accomplishments are very nice to have in Ubuntu and I really
>> like them, but we could do something to improve the base idea.
>> I was thinking about some ideas to improve this project, please feel
>> tell me what do you think about.
>>
>> 1) Instead of opening a separate application, we should integrate the
>> trophies viewer in the System Settings --> User Settings ecc.... this
>> would make more sense.
>

> I'm totally agree with you, trophees must be included in the "core system"
> of Ubuntu. It's not an app it's a feature :)

I am not sure if a Control Panel module makes most sense: this is
where you configure system settings, whereas the trophy viewer is a
viewer of available accomplishments. My feeling is that you mainly
view your trophies in a lens and when you click on it, it loads into
the trophy viewer and shows you the accomplishment info. I have just
built the My Trophies and Opportunities views into the viewer to (a)
make it easier to test the system and (b) add completeness for those
who don;t have the lens.

>> 2) it would be nice to have a lens to search for trophies
>

> As I saw on the first Jono's blog post, there a screenshot with a lens
> Trophee, So I think that is already on the roadmap

David has put together a first cut of this at
https://launchpad.net/unity-lens-trophies but I know he is looking for
folks to help with it.

> 3) when a user achieve a new trophy, there should be automatically an
> on screen notify (the balloon tha appears near the date/time ecc...),
> something similar to the xbox console "Achievement Unlocked: first bug
> submitted!".
>

> Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to be, on my computer. I had some notify OSD
> message when I win a trophee.
> in bug #939051 Jono confirm that we could have the possibility to share it
> on social network too

It already does this. :-)

>> 4) It would be nice if I could see the other people trophies from
>> their Launchpad profiles
>

> The bug #942523 is already opened ;)

Yup, that is something the Launchpad team should weigh in on. I am
also keen to see a web-based trophy gallery, and Robin Gloster started
building this. I am not sure how much further Robin has got with it.

Love the ideas, Andrea, and if you want to help with any of these
things, feel free to dig in. :-)

    Jono

--
Jono Bacon