Important Improvements

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know a few things that are good for the
accomplishments project.

A few of you have also noticed that sometimes some accomplishments
don't get checked when running the daemon. This was
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-accomplishments-system/+bug/940080
which I filed a while back and did some digging into. It turned out to
be a bug in Twisted (a core piece of technology the system relies on),
and now the bug has been fixed and released in Ubuntu 12.04. As such,
all accomplishments are now checked and run every time. As such,
please upgrade to the latest Precise to ensure you have the fix. You
can do this with:

   sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Secondly, the validation server has been down for the past day or so
due to some issues with the Canonical cloud hosting. As such, I have
re-built my own server so the validation is now back up.
Unfortunately, in this process I lost the validation key (used to
verify your trophies), so I have created a new one. What does this
mean for you? Well, it means the next time you run Ubuntu
Accomplishments it will re-verify your trophies.

In addition to this, I added some other fit and finish improvements
and bug fixes to the system. To get all this goodness, please update
your branches with:

  cd ubuntu-accomplishments-system
  bzr pull

  cd ubuntu-community-accomplishments
  bzr pull
  ./install /path/to/your/accomplishments/directory

Thanks!

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon