Re: Ubuntu SSO for WebEditor

On 9 March 2012 21:25, Janos Gyerik <info@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> One quick note: where possible I would like us to rely on software and
>> versions that are packaged for Precise (thus cutting out the pip
>> step).
>
> Oopsie, you're right :-) No, pip doesn't belong there, it was just my
> cross-platform routine, good you removed it.

:-)

>> The only thing I noticed and I am not sure if this is a but or not,
>> but at the top of the site is says "openiduser" instead of the user's
>> name. I am sure this can be fixed though.
>
> When you login, the Launchpad login page gives you the _option_ to
> make available Full name, Username, Email address, Team membership to
> the website that asked for the login (in our case the web editor).
> Users should check the boxes at least once when they login, afterwards
> the previous values will be reused, except the username which will be
> generated (openiduser, openiduser2, openiduser3). I changed the page
> to show user.get_full_name instead of user.username, that should work
> nicely. (Please merge!)

Looks like we may have a bug where it looks for the accomplishments
set in the current dir:

jono@forge2:~/source/accomplishments-web-editor$ python manage.py
import_accomplishments
walking dirs in
/home/jono/source/accomplishments-web-editor/ubuntu-community-accomplishments/accomplishments
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "manage.py", line 14, in <module>
    execute_manager(settings)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py",
line 438, in execute_manager
    utility.execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py",
line 379, in execute
    self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/base.py",
line 191, in run_from_argv
    self.execute(*args, **options.__dict__)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/base.py",
line 220, in execute
    output = self.handle(*args, **options)
  File "/home/jono/source/accomplishments-web-editor/editor/management/commands/import_accomplishments.py",
line 18, in handle
    accomdirs = os.walk(accompath).next()[1]
StopIteration
jono@forge2:~/source/accomplishments-web-editor$

Want to take a look and resolve this, and then I will get it merged in
right away. I also noticed this in
lp:ubuntu-accomplishments-web-editor

> So, ee have to ask users to check the boxes at least once (or whenever
> they update their Launchpad profile). And, moderators and team admins
> should check the Team membership box every time, otherwise they will
> not have the right permissions for their role. In any case the browser
> stores your selection, so in practice you only have to check boxes
> once. (per browser, per PC...)

Makes sense. :-)

>> Yeah, this is awesome. This means we could create groups for the
>> admins and moderators. Would you like me to go ahead and create these
>> for testing purposes, Janos?
>
> Since we all have local databases, we would have to do that locally.
> Luckily we can create Django fixtures and make it part of the setup
> steps, so everybody will have them. I just have two questions:
>
> 1. Which Launchpad teams should be mapped to Django groups?
>
> 2. In the spec I see *admin* and *moderator* roles. Which Launchpad
> teams should be mapped to these roles? (You may want to map more than
> one team to a role.)

So would this be a LP team for admins and another LP team for moderators?

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager