Re: The Road To 0.1

On 18 March 2012 10:07, Duncan McGreggor <duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I headed up to Tennessee this weekend to visit my Dad (80 years old!)
> but did manage to get some hacking done; there's a new branch up for
> review:
>  http://goo.gl/OdOKP

Many thanks, Duncan, I will review that in a few minutes.

> This work is done in preparation for this bug:
>  #946850 Add support for running the daemon the "Twisted Way"
>
> I should be able to start that one soon, now that much of what was in
> the way has been cleaned up and the app file is now fairly pristine
> and ready for actual Twisted application code.

Fantastic! This is what I see as the next major thing for us to fix to
get us to a point where we can package up the system. Thanks for
helping!

> The only blocker that I can imagine (right now) would be the command
> line options; I may need to open a new ticket to create a Twisted
> plugin for the daemon command line parameters (e.g., adding those
> options to the legal ones that can be passed to "twistd"; I'm not sure
> what twistd will swallow when it gets called), but we'll see; there
> may be a quicker hack around that issue, and we can save the more
> involved "right way" for a later time.

Right now we don't pass the daemon any options, but I think we are
going to need to be able to pass it a few items (in the interests of
writing Unit Tests):

 - Accomplishments Path
 - Trophies Path

Thanks for looking into this, Duncan. :-)

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager