Re: Question about implanting Ubuntuforum

Hi Joseph,

I think this would be a great idea! The only thing I would be careful of
is that if the accomplishment is based on the number of posts, some
people may be tempted to file in dummy posts just to get their numbers
up so it may be useful to find a more reliable metric.

Otherwise, just easy to gain accomplishments may be useful to, such as:
- first post on the forums (same with Ask Ubuntu)
- first answer to post on the forums (same with Ask Ubuntu)
- reputation and badges on Ask Ubuntu
- best answers on Ask Ubuntu

The details on how to create new accomplishments is here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accomplishments/Creating

One additional point: most of the accomplishments today use data that is
available in Launchpad because Launchpad offers an API to connect to it.
I have no idea what the API would be for the forums or for Ask Ubuntu so
finding how you can connect to those two would be the first step. Once
you know how to do that, we can help you work out how to create new
accomplishments.

Cheers,

Bruno