Re: An idea concerning testing credentials for validity

> As such, I wonder if we can achieve this without using Python
> specifically. Couldn't we just specify a regular expression that must
> be matched to accept the data in the correct form. This way for each
> needs-information file we just have validation_regex or something that
> specifies the formatting required.
>
> Would that work?

Note that this only solves the problem of formatting, and does not
check whether the given data is correct; e.g. if given ubunruforums
user actually exists, etc., any regex will not test that :)
However, we may be approaching the conclusion that  #951224 "no
warning when enter wrong email address" is invalid (note: this bug
does not concern data format, it's reporter states the used an old
e-mail adress, so I assume is would match the regex), as the
application shall not check if the user actually uses his real
credentials, and that he picked up the right username etc.