Re: Maintaining State

On 24 April 2012 15:11, Bruno Girin <brunogirin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 24/04/12 17:23, Jono Bacon wrote:
>> This makes sense to me. So I guess the workflow would look like this:
>>
>>  * Scriptrunner kicks off a new batch of scripts.
>>  * When a trophy arrives, we verify it and if it verifies we do a
>> check for all trophies it unlocked and display the bubble.
>
> Makes complete sense. I don't think it's an issue if the user sees
> several notifications but it's nice to group unlocked trophies
> notifications based on which trophy was just received as you could then
> make it more explicit and do something like: You achieved trophy X which
> unlocked another Y trophies.

Agreed. So I fixed this bug, but I think there are other refinements
we can make - as an example, when we check for unlocked opportunities
when each trophy comes in, we have a full list of trophies that were
unlocked, this means we could say something such as:

  "You unlocked 'Confirmed First Bug' and 4 other opportunities."

Thanks for the discussion folks, I think our current approach works
much better now.

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon