accomplishments-lens

Hi list,

the lens has been started again from scratch yesterday and is now in the PPA.

What's here:

Two categories: Accomplished, Opportunities

Three filters:
Application : <applications>
Category : <categories>

What's missing:

- Dynamic filters.
When an application filter option is selected, the category filter options should change accordingly. It works, but Unity makes it ugly by reloading the state of every filters when an application filter option is selected. I'm discussing the issue with upstream Unity.

- URI activation.
Nothing happens when a result is clicked. It should open the viewer on the trophy page, but I'm not sure if the viewer currently supports it. If the website is ready before it's supported, it could open the website trophy page in the meantime.

- Daemon activation.
Twisted crashes without any error message when I try to start the daemon via the lens (with os.comand or GLib spawn async), but it only happens when the lens is started with the session (more precisely, lenses are started when the Dash is opened for the first time during a session). Starting the lens manually works and launches twisted as expected... I've removed the daemon activation from the lens and until it's fixed: accomplishments-daemon needs to be started manually or by opening the accomplishments viewer. You will see a warning message in the lens if the daemon is not running.

The architecture (categories & filters) of the lens is not perfect and I'm pretty sure you will have suggestions for it.
A few issues I've noticed while playing with it this afternoon :
- "Accomplished" is not consistent with the viewer, where it's "My Trophies". - "Opportunities" is, when unfiltered, a mix of locked/unlocked trophies and I'm not sure how they should be ordered. I'd like to try splitting it in two categories : "Opportunities" and "Locked". Having them in two places should, IMHO, give a gaming feeling where you would have to "level up" or "get the right item" to take them out of the "Locked" category, and put them in an available position in order to accomplish them.

Enjoy!

-- David

Follow ups