Re: Web Viewer Project

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Janos Gyerik <info@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm, was looking at the web editor project to see what we can reuse,
> and I think a lot. . So rather than creating a completely new project
> or fork, it's probably a good idea to build on the existing one, with
> some rearranging here and there. The web editor functionality can stay
> inside the "editor" module, the gallery functionality can go into a
> new "gallery" module. And maybe we can create a "common" module for
> common stuff. And since at the moment we're not using the "editor"
> module, we can remove it from INSTALLED_APPS to not interfere, and add
> "gallery" instead.

Makes sense to me. I think we should keep the editor code around even
if it is not used, but agreed, it just won't be switched on.

> If everybody is ok with this then the base project is ready to
> checkout and work on:
>    bzr branch lp:ubuntu-accomplishments-web-editor
> (The README is up to date and accurate, with steps how to get started, etc)

Did you modify this to switch of the editor component?

> In that case we should probably get the project renamed, maybe to
> "ubuntu-accomplishments-django", and in the future it can contain all
> kinds of django goodies.

I think ubuntu-accomplishments-web might make better sense. Can you
rename this or do I need to?

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon