Re: ubuntu-accomplishments-web refactoring in progress

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your feedback! I changed a lot of things, I'll send out the
summary very soon, but first I respond to your points.

> rename the file "pip.txt" into "requirements.txt" (according to Django best
> practices)

Can you send me the link to the best practices doc that mentions this?
I used to use requirements.txt, but changed it recently to pip.txt to
be more clear at a glance.

> add "django==1.3.1" to requirements file, as we have this version in Ubuntu
> 12.04 PPA

Shoot... I've been testing with Django 1.4, because I saw that's the
default version in debian testing, and didn't double-check in
precise... I see, in this case a bit of a reorganization will be
needed.

> rename "ubuntu_website" intro "ubuntu_theme" in order to create less
> confusion for the new contributors

Alright, why not.

> maybe create a folder("apps"?) and move here all our applications(editor,
> gallery, ubuntu theme...)

Do you know of Django best practices regarding this?

> I'll try to investigate the error about "UnicodeDecodeError".

I figured it out, so no worries, and thanks!

Hang on, I'm sending another update right now about the recent
changes, etc etc etc. (I will not be able to touch the trunk anymore
today, so you can start and hack away!
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-accomplishments-web + see trello)

Janos

--