Re: better changelogs

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Matt Fischer
<matthew.fischer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now that we're focusing on quality for 0.3, I'd like to vote for improved
> changelogs.  We should be mentioning new features and noting what we fixed,
> ideally throwing in who did what.  Since the changelog and rev is only
> rolled once per release, it would be up to the person doing the release to
> edit the changelog to include this info.  Since many people look at the
> changelogs to find bug fixes and features, I think that this is important to
> do.   I'll volunteer to format the entry and pull in the bug info prior to
> release if necessary.

Sounds good, and I agree we should improve this.

So how do we do this on a day to day level? Should I just add a
Changelog entry in addition to the commit message? Alternatively, is
there a way to add something to the commit message that is then
automatically pulled into the Changelog?

Thanks,

    Jono

--
Jono Bacon