Re: Translations Stats

Hi Kazi!

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM, Kazi Shahnoor Ashraf <kazidxb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are nothing for Translators neither from launchpad nor from Ubuntu
> Accomplishments. I was very greedy when I saw a trophy for Ubuntu
> Accomplishments Contributor. I thought as a translator I might get this when
> I opened this found different picture. I'm not a programmer but I'm a
> contributor, contributing by translating. Thanks a lot to Mr. Jose and Mr.
> Jono that we all translators will have hope of some type of trophies.
> Translation is really very difficult and time consuming task in other
> language except English. We deserve different types of trophies not only for
> Ubuntu Accomplishments but also for all other parts of Ubuntu and Ubuntu
> related translations.

You raise a good point. We should really rename this accomplishment to
be clearer - I have filed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-community-accomplishments/+bug/1033778
to track this.

> At the same time I would like to propose one more issue though it is
> irrelevant here that is trophy for Ubuntu marketing as there are lot of
> people who are contributing for spreading, marketing Ubuntu in different
> ways. I myself converted lots of windows guys to Ubuntu and continuously I'm
> providing IT support to them, training them. So marketing people also
> deserve trophies in different way. For them there are no Karma point even.
> There should be some system like who is converting whom and who is
> contributing how and what way. depending on that there should be some karma
> point or accomplishment trophy.

These sounds like great ideas! Would you be interested in helping to
create these accomplishments? You can find out how at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accomplishments/Creating

Thanks!

   Jono

--