Re: new member

Hello Jasna!

It's great to see you interested! As you might have learned from the
sessions, we are looking for contributors in many areas, but since you
expressed your interest in programming, we'll be happy to see you
contributing some code!

At this very moment (we have released 0.3 about two weeks ago) we
haven't done much for 0.4 - we have some ideas concerning what we'll
focus on, but we haven't really started implementing new stuff. The
trick is that the next week Ubuntu Developer Summit takes place, and
we are going to have a bunch of sessions concerning our project.
During them we'll discuss ideas and details concerning next release
(you can participate in them remotely! [1] ). That means that in one
week time we will be having a better idea of what are we going to
achieve with this release, and in which places work is needed. This
will surely generate a nice deal of bug reports and features to be
implemented, and with this done, you will be able to browse tickets
and find something that seems easy (and we can help you choose!).

Most likely you will start by picking some bitesize bugs to work on
under our supervision. I also expect we may want to improve our
accomplishments collection - that should be an easy task for you too,
because it requires little python knowledge.

So my suggestion for you is as follows: Wait this week (possibly
joining and commenting on our sessions), use this time to became
familiar with the accomplishments applications, so play a bit with
them (if you are not familiar yet), you may explore it's source code
if you wish (check out wiki pages [2], you may be also interested in
videos we recorded some time ago [3], [4]), and stay tuned, as we
decide on what has to be done - and then we should be able to assign
some easy work for you!

Cheers!
Rafał Cieślak

 [1] http://uds.ubuntu.com/community/remote-participation/