Re: script run time

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Matt Fischer <
matthew.fischer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What do you think about allowances for longer running scripts if they use
> caching to ensure that they're only run every N hours?

I think the premise of this sounds good, but I assume that longer running
scripts run longer because they have more of a performance impact, such as
traversing through lists of data on a web service, which would compromise
the performance expectations of a script. I am not sure if there are long
running scripts that don't have a performance burden.

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager