Re: Global-isation?

2010/12/6 danteashton@xxxxxxxxx <danteashton@xxxxxxxxx>

> Ahhh, deja-vu :P
>

> There are difficulties in working cross-culture adverts.
> Yes, there are difficulties and psychological hacks. For instance;
>
> The 'royal purple' used by Canonical is considered...well..a 'luxury'
> colour, often items of high price/high-quality have it as their packaging
> material.
> However, there is a subset of spain which use the same colour for their
> bio-hazard bags.
>
> Likewise, in terms of hand signs, a 'two' (two fingers, palm facing you) is
> the sign for 2 in America, in the UK, however, it is an offensive sign.
>
> Most global companies keep track of these little quirks of cultures, and
> failing to do so can, of course, render an entire advertising campaign
> useless.
>
> -Dante
>

> On 6 December 2010 19:32, alan c <aeclist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> A recent comment here about aspects of adverts in different countries
>> raised a nice point. The specific discussion was about legality, which
>> changes for different countries.
>>
>> However, there are *many* more aspects which change with countries.
>> For example, culture.
>>
>> Do global organisations use the *same* advert in different countries??
>> I am only really aware of one, the CocaCola advert 'I'd like to teach
>> the World to sing....' which took the world by storm  and even turned
>> into a pop single.
>> Now, if we could do something similar with Ubuntu...... (I wish)
>>
>> I believe that cultural differences may need to be taken into account
>> to get the best from adverts.
>>
>> --
>> alan cocks
>> Ubuntu user

> --
>
> -Danté Ashton
>
> Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
>

> Sent from Ubuntu

The easiest way to have a global friendly view / animation / persons / etc
and have custom voice-over / texts for local use

I have worked in in TV and we encountered some weird global differences
maybe it would be good to collect some of this and put it on a page of our
site

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Keimpe de Jong