Re: Meeting ....

I think this last point is a good one - apart from making sure that
newcomers can access information easily, it would be a good way to measure
the response to the campaign.
I'm still not entirely convinced that alluding to Ubuntu as an alternative
to Windows is the way to go though. I think a lot of ordinary users aren't
necessarily looking for a change of OS - but they might jump ship to try
something new and exciting. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to play on
that aspect - the newness, "coolness", speed and freedom. On that front, I
really liked the thinking behind Tarek's proposed script on the Wiki - the
one described as "shamelessly ripped off from Emily and Hendrix." :-)
I'm also wondering if, once the ads are made, it wouldn't be a good idea to
dovetail their release with a CD drive - i.e. get plenty of copies out there
into internet cafes/onto magazines/student union centres etc? I think a lot
of ordinary users (and potential converts) would give it a whirl when they
discover they can run a live CD first.

Cheers,
Pamela