The weight of words ....

I was at a conference for part of this week.  It was not about
advertising, computers or anything connected, but I did get involved in
a discussion concerning the words we use in communicating concepts.

I'm giving a few examples that are relevant and suggesting that we
explore more along these lines.  I've given each a + or a -.

Change = -  Alternatives: Transition, Upgrade.  (note that when you
change from Windows XP to Windows 7 it is an 'upgrade'.  The fact that
some of your peripherals will no longer work, and that there are huge
differences is not 'Change').

Simple +
Freedom +
Computer -
PC +

It might be good to list these and a whole lot more on a doodlepad, but
when we are writing scripts or flyers etc. it would be good to
discipline ourselves to weigh and score each verb and noun.

Regards,		Barry Drake.

--
What do you see when you use your Computer? Same old thing?
...There IS a Better Way!  Ubuntu!

Follow ups