Re: Research required ...

On Sat, 2011-01-15 at 14:48 +0100, K.de Jong wrote:
> Exactly for those kinds of reasons we have the ubuntu-manual
> and are we developing stuff like ubuntu-tour.
> Linux can be not so user friendly, but ubuntu is certainly changing that.

The manual is excellent - so is the short simple version I found
somewhere and seem to have lost again.  And the tour is really good.
Links to both of the above manuals need to be prominently available in
the installation.  But I think Alex is right about the need for
screenshots.  The simple manual I can't find right now has plenty of
screenshots and is better for the new user than the full version.

> I must agree on the usb stick and the (deliberate) lack of auto-run.
> but that is something people can get used to.

I'll report further on this when I've seen what Alex has been trying to
do.  As far as I'm aware, she's not been wanting to autorun CD's, only
get files from them.

Regards,		Barry.

--
What do you see when you use your Computer? Same old thing?
...There IS a Better Way!  Ubuntu!