Re: New research project ....

On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 22:06 +0200, Rubén Romero y Cordero wrote:
> Shouldn't we have a set of defined questions and parameters for the
> report?  If we do not have that then you really cannot call this
> research. It would rather be a experiment...

OK - call it 'experimental research'.  The reason I don't want to offer
set questions comes from my own experience in getting people using
Ubuntu for the first time.  Every computer user has different needs and
different working practices.  In addition, the user will be influenced
in his or her answers by the questions themselves, so I don't feel that
standard statistical research is right for this task.

What I'm advocating here is that the volunteer simply tells about his or
her experience and especially any problems that were encountered.  Also,
we need to know about users who at first glance don't think that Ubuntu
could be used for something they often need to do.  More than likely it
can be done - and we will need to make it easier for them to find out
how!

I know it is always easier for us to work to a set formula.  In this
instance though, I am just asking for good listeners who can record the
overall feelings and needs from each 'experiment'.

Kind regards,		Barry.
http://ubuntuadverts.org/