ubuntu-allstars team mailing list archive

Re: All Star Jam equipment/performance

On Oct 15, 2010, at 6:37 AM, Jeremy Foshee wrote:

> Folks,
>   It is that time of the year again boys and girls. Time for the
> pre-planning for the Ubuntu All Stars. I am gathering the equipment list
> so that we will have a good idea what will be available as well as what
> is needed for the Jam.
>
> If you are bringing instruments, please let me know so that I can get
> them on the list. (not so that people will play them :) just so we know
> what we need accommodation for)
>
> Also, if you wish to jam with us, it would be nice to know who wants to
> play and/or sing. Depending on the response, there may be a different
> way we will handle the Jam (i.e. one big set versus 2 smaller sets
> separated by a break)

I don't really play any instrument well enough to perform, (have I
apologized enough times for my butchering of Folsom Prison Blues
last UDS? SORRY! ;)

I'd love to sing something though. If you guys know the Black Crows
version of Hard to Handle, its one of my favorite songs ever. If
not, maybe those of you who play instruments could put together a
list of some songs you know, but don't particularly want to sing,
and we, the singer-only types, could just pick one of those if we
know it.

Rock on!