ubuntu-allstars team mailing list archive

Re: All Star Jam equipment/performance

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 03:46:53PM -0700, Clint Byrum wrote:

> On Oct 15, 2010, at 6:37 AM, Jeremy Foshee wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >   It is that time of the year again boys and girls. Time for the
> > pre-planning for the Ubuntu All Stars. I am gathering the equipment list
> > so that we will have a good idea what will be available as well as what
> > is needed for the Jam.
> >
> > If you are bringing instruments, please let me know so that I can get
> > them on the list. (not so that people will play them :) just so we know
> > what we need accommodation for)
> >
> > Also, if you wish to jam with us, it would be nice to know who wants to
> > play and/or sing. Depending on the response, there may be a different
> > way we will handle the Jam (i.e. one big set versus 2 smaller sets
> > separated by a break)
> >

> I don't really play any instrument well enough to perform, (have I
> apologized enough times for my butchering of Folsom Prison Blues
> last UDS? SORRY! ;)
>
> I'd love to sing something though. If you guys know the Black Crows
> version of Hard to Handle, its one of my favorite songs ever. If
> not, maybe those of you who play instruments could put together a
> list of some songs you know, but don't particularly want to sing,
> and we, the singer-only types, could just pick one of those if we
> know it.

Hi Clint,
   My recollection of Folsom Prison Blues was that it was done well. :-)
We'd be happy to have you come practise with us one evening as we
usually get together during a few of the evenings during UDS. I'll do my
best to get that information sent out here as we determine the
nights/evenings we'd like to get together and practise/play.

~JFo