ubuntu-allstars team mailing list archive

Re: UDS-O all stars participation

On 05/09/2011 03:36 PM, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
Thanks, Michelle.

So we have a time and place: 9pm in Petofi.  I suggest we send something
like this out to uds-announce now.  Let me know what you think.

Subject: Music at UDS

= Practice Jam =

Monday through Thursday night, there will be informal jam sessions which
anyone is welcome to join.  If you like playing music, or singing, or
listening to live music, you are encouraged to stop in and join us.

When: 9:00pm CEST
Where: Petofi meeting room (on the first floor of the UDS hotel)

We will have some instruments available, but if you have brought something
you would like to play, please bring it along (especially if you are willing
to share it with others).

We will be playing a variety of music, and are generally open to trying
anything.  It's particularly fun to play songs which are familiar or easy to
learn, so that others can join in.

= Live Set =

On Friday night, there will be a live performance at the wrap-up party,
where we'll play a set consisting of the songs which sounded best (or were
the most fun) from the practice jams.

Anyone is welcome to play there as well, on the condition that they have
participated in practice jams as well.  We want everyone to have fun, and
that includes the audience, so a little bit of organization and practice is
required to make everything run smoothly.

I'm looking forward to it!