Re: Upload interface between s-c-a and click-updown

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 8:00 PM, James Westby <james.westby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I'm currently thinking of a url scheme where you post to
> '.../click-upload/' with a form that contains:
>
>   file: a file field
>   appid: the id of the app as a string
>   version: the version the file is for as a string
>
> Does that sounds right?

Makes sense.
At the uploading point we already have all this information (by appid I'm
assuming you mean the id of the respective entry in SCA?).
Also, if I understood it ok and according to what I have talked, this
upload form is supposed to directly post against click-updown, correct?

> What should the responses on success and failure be? redirects? html?
> json?

Thinking about this.

On SCA side we should get some data to relate (or build) the respective
package click-updown download URL for the app. But we should guarantee
somehow this is only provided back by click-updown. So maybe we need to
have some callback in SCA where click-updown will post directly this
information?

On the user's side, we could provide an app specific redirect URL (they
could be different for success and failure, or expect some parameter
indicating that). We could also include this URL in the form above.