Re: Click Package Version and Other SCA Fields

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 7:57 AM, James Tait <james.tait@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> > Right now, since the update_click_index method is using the
> > application generated json serialized info, you should be getting
> > 'icon_url' (64x64 icon url), 'icon_urls' (all icons urls list),
> > 'screenshot_url' (first screenshot url) and 'screenshot_urls' (all
> > screenshot urls list) fields with URLs info.
>
> More questions about these:
>
>   1) What format are these? I assume png?

Correct. Users can also upload SVG or other, but the final stored file/URL
is for PNG file (a not PNG file will try to be converted to PNG).

>   2) icon_urls - do the list elements have size metadata?

icon_urls is a dict like this:

"icon_urls": {"64": "
http://localhost:8000/site_media/appmedia/2013/05/icon64.png";, "16": "..."}

where possible sizes are: 16, 32, 64 and 128.

>   3) and 4) Same for screenshots. :)

No specific format for screenshots (image field where you can upload any
image format), no size information in the json, just a list of URLs:

"screenshot_urls": ["
http://localhost:8000/site_media/appmedia/2013/06/some.png";, "
http://localhost:8000/site_media/appmedia/2013/06/some.jpg";]

> Also, I note that we have a unique ID field, as well as a unique Click
> Package field (I recall reading that this would be in reverse-FQDN
> format).  I just want to check the both of these are required - I
> guess Click Index is only going to see a subset of what's in Software
> Centre, and the ID is required by the existing service infrastructure?

Both are required. The id is used by SCA, the package name is part of the
ClickPackage specs.
And as you say, from docs:
"every package in the app store has a unique Package identifier, and the
app store will reject clashes. It is the developer’s responsibility to
choose a unique identifier. The recommended approach is to follow the Java
package name convention, i.e. “com.mydomain.myapp”, starting with the
reverse of an Internet domain name owned by the person or organisation
developing the application".