Re: Removing apps from device if malicious

Hello,

On 12.06.2013 21:59, Martin Albisetti wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Marc Deslauriers
> <marc.deslauriers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> In the archive, we've shipped enpty packages before to forcibly remove
>> stuff that we can no longer maintain, but this is less than ideal.
>>
>> Ideally, the app store package directory would allow us to flag an
>> application for removal, along with a status code or a text to be
>> displayed when the user attempts to run an app that's been removed.
>>
>> Perhaps we could even have two levels, one that completely removes the
>> app, including the launcher, and a second level that leaves the
>> launcher, but clicking on it displays a dialog box to the user
>> explaining why the app is no longer available.
>

> +1
> Not for 13.10 for sure, we'd have to see if we can squeeze it in before 14.04.
> Being able to ship blank packages is as good fallback plan until then, I think.

Is this maybe something we should document in

	https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AppStore/FutureIdeas

or something along those lines? Is the above consensus?

Is "generate an empty package with the same name, but a higher version
number" we'd like to script?

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/G+