Re: Adding "applications" to manifest file

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:01:19PM -0700, Steve Beattie wrote:
> Upon reflection, one thing I noticed that apparmor and other system
> hooks would lose from direct access to the manifest would be the
> contents of the Framework; field. I'm not sure how significant of a
> loss this is... for apparmor, we do encode a policy version field in
> the security structure in an attempt to cope with future iterations
> of templates, course-grained permissions, etc. and still have older
> applications/versions install and work unchanged.

You can still do this if you need to.  Find the base unpack directory
using the algorithm in my previous e-mail (or a suitable click command
once one exists); then read $BASE/.click/info/$PACKAGE.manifest.

My gut feel is that needing the full manifest will be fairly rare.  If
it turns out not to be, I can add a helper to print it given a path
within an unpacked package, which should solve this problem.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]