Re: Desktop file integration

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:54:32PM -0500, Ted Gould wrote:
> Unfortunately I think we duplicated work :-/  I added approximately the
> same hook to upstart-app-launch today, and it is here:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ted/upstart-app-launch/click-hook/+merge/176525

Ah.  Well, I certainly have no fundamental objection to it living
somewhere else, and this looks more appropriate; thanks.  However, I've
followed up to your two MPs with some review comments, which I think
need to be addressed before it can land, and in general I'd like to see
real-world testing.  We've got it to the point where we can just about
demo what's in the archive now (Jamie's got it working with his evil
app, I hear), and it would be a shame to destabilise things with code
that isn't quite right yet when we need to demo to both Rick and Mark
over the next few days.

> Also, that was most of the code needed to complete the click-exec
> functionality so that works with this branch:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ted/upstart-app-launch/click-exec/+merge/176570
>
> Which means for the exciting among you, you can grab that last branch
> and start click packages.  At least it'll execute (the app I have just
> makes a full screen window and complains it has a bad path for it's
> assets because they're not in file://buildd/ )  In theory, it all works
> though :-)

I think you must be testing with a locally-created app, since the code
in your branches isn't quite synced up with the current hooks
specification so it doesn't match the current batch of core apps from
http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/click_packages/; it would be
a good idea to test with the core apps.  More details in my MP review
comments.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]