Re: End-to-end demo of the click packages software store

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Michael Nelson
<michael.nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That behaviour is inherited from the existing myapps (originally commercial
> only) where, from memory, the reason was that companies want to have their
> apps ready to publish, but then only publish them on a specific day. In
> reality, I think that's very much the minority of use-cases... especially
> now that the focus isn't commercial apps. I think we could default to
> publishing the app as soon as it's approved - perhaps with an option (when
> submitting for review).
>
> Martin?

Right, there are many things I want to change to the current workflows
to simplify and streamline them (updates to apps, for example, is
insane). We will get to that soon.
We'll allow the developer to choose instead upfront if they want to
publish directly or hold off. As Michael points out, this is currently
just re-using what we have and improving on top, so not by design but
my inheritance. Don't let that stop you from pointing these things out
though, it's very useful for us to get all this feedback early.

--
Martin