Re: End-to-end demo of the click packages software store

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Colin Watson <cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 07:29:01PM -0300, Martin Albisetti wrote:
> > Hello all!  I am sending this to a billion email addresses as well as
> > the list in case someone isn't subscribed yet. It's also a testament
> > to just how many people it took to get us to this point.
> >
> > I have recorded a demo showing the workflow from a developer to a
> > user's hands using the Ubuntu SDK, our software store, click packages
> > and Ubuntu Touch.
> >
> > Still a quite a few pieces need to land in different trunks, need
> > packaging and need polishing, but as you can see, at all works.
>
> Slightly concerning that the manifest shown in QtCreator has the old
> format for AppArmor profile declarations, which was never implemented in
> click and was superseded by the click 0.2 work we did last week.  Is
> somebody working on updating that?
>
> I'm curious why the developer has to select publish after the reviewer
> has reviewed the app.  This seems like a strange extra round-trip, and
> I'm not sure why the developer would want to wait - is there a reason
> I'm missing?

Hi Colin,

That behaviour is inherited from the existing myapps (originally commercial
only) where, from memory, the reason was that companies want to have their
apps ready to publish, but then only publish them on a specific day. In
reality, I think that's very much the minority of use-cases... especially
now that the focus isn't commercial apps. I think we could default to
publishing the app as soon as it's approved - perhaps with an option (when
submitting for review).

Martin?

-Michael