Downloadable content

Hello everybody,

since the beginning of this project there was discussion about
supporting the notion of downloadable content.

This would for example be relevant in a game where you can download (and
potentially buy) new maps, new levels or buy extra content for other apps.

As this feels like a bigger project right now, it might be good to
define its priority first. Alexander, Pat: can you share any information
about this?

Dependencies of the project would be:
 - Pre-dependency: purchasing functionality.
 - App store: app authors will want to upload the content
              there, associate an app with the content. Have
              billing work through the app store.
 - SDK/Platform API: it'd be good if there was a standard way to
                     handle downloadable content.
 - Security: do we have any security concerns?
 - Client: to be hooked up with ubuntu-download-manager and
           client-side purchasing bits.

Questions to start the conversation might be:
 - Who'd be willing to help spec this?
 - How much work do we expect this to be?
 - Where will the lion share of work happen?
 - Who will own this sub-project?

Thanks in advance.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/G+

Follow ups